The K. u. K. Museum

Apr 12, 2017 | Events and personalities

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Forty thousand items. Rare, unusual, antique. Period implements used by peasants and craftsmen in Val Venosta. Long-forgotten workplaces, furnishings, and collections of Tyrolese memories. But also furnishings and objects that once belonged to Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife Sissi. This is the extraordinary K.u.K. Museum Bad Egart in Töll Parcines. An open-air museum of Tyrolean history set up in the historic fifteenth-century complex of the oldest and most famous spa town in Tyrol, where the restaurant of the same name is also located. The life and soul of the place is Karl Platino – “Onkel Taa” to his friends – who for decades has been a shrewd and discerning collector of imperial objects. A most erudite connoisseur and devoted admirer of the Habsburgs, he has adorned his creation with the acronym “K.u.K.”, which stands for “kaiserlich und königlich”, the “imperial and royal” prefix used by all Austro-Hungarian public authorities until 1918. Here Onkel Taa has made his lifelong dream come true, with a highly distinctive setting for his passion for collecting. He also has an evident passion for his land, for the people of the valley, and for local traditions. Many imperial objects share their history with that of his dear friend Franz Josef Otto Robert Maria Anton Karl Max Heinrich Sixtus Xaver Felix Renatus Ludwig Gaetan Pius Ignatius von Habsburg-Lothringen, also known as Otto von Habsburg, the son of the last Emperor of Austria and King of Hungary, Charles I, and Zita of Bourbon-Parma. Head of the House of Hapsburg and an MEP, he has always personally invited Onkel Taa to great auctions of the glories of the Hapsburgs.
The antique porcelain doll’s houses, the Biedemeier kitchen, the valley folks’ shoes and their clothes and ancient planes: Onkel Taa knows each and every object. When he takes you through the rooms, he embraces them like old friends, explaining what they mean to him, what they were used for, and the work they have done over the centuries. And outside there are medieval bathtubs, wooden sculptures everywhere, and even the clock that adorned the famous 1721 tower which now rises above the waters of the artificial lake of Resia. It is preserved in the little church of La Riconciliazione. Yes indeed, because Bad Egart even has its own church! .

In the photos: the K.u.K Museum and Mr Onkel Taa.[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” images=”1793,1794,1795,1796,1797″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css=”.vc_custom_1491488548464{margin-top: 30px !important;}”][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1491490998463{margin-bottom: 15px !important;}”]

Locale Storico correlato

[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_masonry_grid post_type=”listing-item” max_items=”1″ style=”load-more” items_per_page=”1″ element_width=”12″ item=”1559″ btn_color=”peacoc” grid_id=”vc_gid:1491992500407-df1557c9-45bf-0″ taxonomies=”476″ css=”.vc_custom_1491921873088{padding-top: 10px !important;padding-right: 10px !important;padding-bottom: 10px !important;padding-left: 10px !important;background-color: #eaeaea !important;}”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_separator css=”.vc_custom_1491496266117{margin-top: 15px !important;margin-bottom: 15px !important;}”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_basic_grid post_type=”post” max_items=”10″ item=”1567″ grid_id=”vc_gid:1491992500409-83e2aae3-a876-0″ taxonomies=”476″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_empty_space css=”.vc_custom_1491496179485{margin-top: 20px !important;}”][/vc_column][/vc_row]